Monday, January 3, 2011

My Little Loom


Allow me to introduce my new rigid heddle loom received from my good husband for Christmas. He tracked down a receipt for yarn that I had purchased in the town where his mother lives, after having "visited" the loom with me at the store there. I never dreamed of having it myself. Now I will have to count on one or two of my weaving friends and/or one of my two weaving sisters to help me get started weaving in the New Year. I'm so excited. Isn't she pretty? I think I will name her "Jessie" for my mother who was the first loom weaver I knew.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comments today. I am so pleased you liked the scarf pattern and that I was able to inspire you. It is so quick to make and such fun to wear.

    Do show me when you finished i as I would love to see how it turns out.
    Have a lovely day

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a sophisticated model, compared to my thrifted little loom... - wishing you fun + great results with it...

    ReplyDelete